Follow the links at the side to find out more about the day to day life in our school
The History of Cowick School
Cowick Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) primary school serves mainly the villages of East and West Cowick (although it now takes children from outlying villages). It consists of a mixture of Victorian and more recent buildings. The Victorian school was designed by William Butterfield, and was built in 1854 under the patronage of the 7th Viscount Dawnay. The Viscount went on to build a total of three churches, vicarages and schools, all to the same style, in his estate villages of Cowick, Pollington and Hensall and, in addition, churches in Sessay, Wykeham and Danby.