Together, we shine as one.
Within our close Christian community, children are encouraged to fulfil their potential, to be enthusiastic, motivated and responsible learners who are challenged through an exciting and creative curriculum. By providing a safe, respectful and challenging environment, we equip them with the necessary skills to become citizens of an ever-changing world.
If children are to do their best, they need guidance from both teachers and parents, so we aim to develop and maintain a close partnership between home and school as we share the task of educating your child.
Our aims are:
- To nurture the Christian faith and spirituality through an understanding of Christian belief, tradition and ‘awe and wonder’ in the curriculum
- To promote an ethos which embeds positive behaviour based on affection, respect and achievement in a caring, loving and secure environment where all gifts and talents are celebrated
- To provide an environment where independence, responsibility and respect for oneself and others, are nurtured, thereby preparing each pupil for life and work beyond school, as responsible citizens in a multicultural and diverse, democratic society where prejudice and discrimination are not tolerated
- To provide a creative and challenging curriculum, where high standards and risk taking are promoted and learning made exciting and memorable. The school endeavours to provide a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities and high quality extended school services to further enhance provision
- To ensure that teaching and learning is inclusive and focused on individual pupil’s attainment, abilities, needs and learning styles, thereby maximising success
- To ensure that every child’s progress is tracked and assessed in a systematic way to inform next steps in teaching and learning
- To enter into a purposeful partnership with all adults and children associated with the school for the benefit of all